Monday, January 30, 2006

What's The Last (Or Next) Concert You've Seen


I'm taking my 13 year old son to see Avenged Sevenfold this friday at The Starland Ballroom in Sayerville NJ.

The band is kind of metal punk. If you listen to rock radio you may have heard their song Bat Country. They're not one of my favorites, but he likes them a lot.

The plus for me is seeing another show at The Starland Ballroom. It's basically a club here in Jersey that has a lot of Second tier acts and also some top tier bands as well.

I've seen a lot of concerts in my life, but mostly arena shows in the 80's and 90's. Having my kids be 16 & 13, and them wanting to see bands has gotten me back into seeing rock shows again. And now I realize how much better is it to see shows at smaller venues.

It's so much better in the clubs. It's not even close. And we're pretty lucky that we have a venue here where we do get to see a lot of up and comming bands and I nice selection of national acts.

The best club show I ever saw was Stevie Ray Vaughn in the Stone Pony here in Jersey at the shore. I saw him a couple of monts beofre he died. That motherfucker could play the guitar!

What's the last show you saw or what's the next one you're going to see?

No comments: