Thursday, January 19, 2006

Leif Falls Again

THEN...............&..............NOW



Why do I write about Leif Garrett? He's a couple of years older than me, but back in the seventies and now we could be twins. Although he wears a lot of do-rags and hats now so he may be bald on top, but i still have a full head of hair.

It's wierd because in the 70's I knew that we looked alike, and then I forgot about it until a few years ago when I saw his Behind The Music. I was like "Wow! He still looks like me. We both had goatees and he was wearing the exact same green wrap around Oakley sunglasses that I had at the time. Freaky!

The difference between us is, I wasn't doing coke at Studio 54 and getting laid like crazy in the 70's, and I'm not getting arrested for doing heroin and spending time in the clink. I'd choose my life over his any day of the week.

*************

LOS ANGELES -
Leif Garrett, a 1970s singing teen idol, was charged Wednesday with possessing heroin after he was arrested for allegedly trying to ride the subway without a ticket.

Garrett, 44, also was charged with fare evasion.

If convicted, he probably would avoid jail time under a law that sends some convicted drug users to treatment, authorities said.

An e-mail seeking comment from a spokeswoman listed on Garrett's Web site was not immediately returned.

Garrett was arrested by Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies Saturday evening on the platform of the Pershing Square Red Line station downtown for allegedly not having a ticket to ride the train.

Deputies then allegedly found suspected narcotics on the musician-actor, officials said.

He was held without bail for allegedly violating terms of his probation for a previous drug offense. He pleaded guilty in March to attempted possession of cocaine-based narcotics and was placed on probation.

Garrett has appeared in three-dozen films, mostly in the 1970s and 1980s, and has released 10 music albums.

In 1979, he rear-ended another car while driving a Porsche, leaving his passenger disabled.

No comments: