Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Is it Possible That I Might Actually Be Able To Play Poker Well?


I played in NL Holdem Tourney on Party Poker last night and finished in the money for the first time. I've won single table Sit N Go's many times, but never cashed in a big multi table tournament before.

This one was $10+$1 and there were about 2,300 entrants. I finished somewhere in the 180's reaping a HUGE payout of $20.90.

I was playing very tight and only going with premium hands, except around the bubble where I was stealing blinds left and right.

I'm sure I could have finished higher, but it was 11:30, I was getting tired and needed to go to bed so I could get up this morning. So I pushed a few times and got lucky once and not so lucky twice.

Anyway, I think I realized that if I really tighten up, I can go pretty far in these things. I'm going to take a few shots at the Party V Million Cruise. The NL qualifier is on Fridays, and you can get in throught the $20 SNGs. So I'll try a few of those this week.

**********************

I've been real busy at work lately, so not much time to screw around here in blogger land. Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

No comments: