Saturday, December 03, 2005

Friday Night Blogger Poker



I played in the weekly Friday night tournament on PokerStars hosted by Actor/Writer/Blogger Wil Weaton last night. (I'm DollarDon on PokerStars.) I've wanted to play in this tourney before, but I've always been busy doing a million other things.

So the tourney is about to start and we get seated and lo and behold, I'm at the same table as the host, Wil. So of course, since Wil is at the table there are tons of observers (including the famous and briliant Dr. Pauly), and a lot of great chat! I had a blast!

I was getting good cards and doing pretty well in the tourney. At one point I was in 4th or 5th place. But after many beers I ended up donking out in 27th Place out of 91. Two ahead of our host! Not great, but not bad for my first time playing with these guys and gals.

I just wanted to say a big thanks to Wil and all who I played with. Some good poker and some great conversation.

No comments: