Friday, September 30, 2005

Playing Poker

I found a regular game to play in. It's a bit of a hike (about an hour) but the people are cool and it's only $22 to buy in. So now I'll be playing every Thursday. I'm hoping to play better over time.

I'm at the point where when I do make mistakes I can look back at them and see what I should have done better.

One hand that ate up a chunk of my stack. I had 76o. The blinds were 50 and 25, I was big blind and no one raised, so I checked. Flop comes A7A. I think nice, unless someone has an ace I'm in pretty good shape. guy UTG+1 bets 100. fold, fold, fold, fold to me I call. (Here's where I should have raised to see if he had the Ace.)

Next card is a ten. I check it. bettor bets 100. I call again, should have rasied there too. River is Jack, bettor bets 100 I call again. He flips over 89 for a straight.

I need to put more pressure on, when I have a playable hand. I was afraid he had the Ace. I should have bet to find out.

No comments: