Wednesday, March 09, 2005

White Castle Takes Over

I don't know if you have White Castle where you are, but they have been in New Jersey and other parts of the North East for a long time. I think they're the original "Mini-burgers".

They're pretty good tatsing and they magically become exceptional tasting after a night of drinking.

The only problem is that they're not like McDonalds, where there's one every five feet. They're pretty spread out. They become destination places for people from miles around.

Well they just opened one where I live in Roxbury New Jersey. The nearest other White Castle is about 30 miles away.

Now I enjoy a bag of White Castles as much as the next drunk, but here in Roxbury you can't get near the place. There's always a line. People are wating in the drive through line for an hour and a half!!!!

I can understand that people like this crap on a bun, it's quite tasty. But I'm not waiting and hour and a half for it. And the line is there from 10 am untill late into the night. EVERY FREAKIN DAY!

But what can youexpect from a town where you have to wait an hour to get a table at Fridays???


I wonder what would happen if a REAL restaurant ever opened in Roxbury?

5 comments:

Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

The same thing happened here when In-N-Out Burger opened in Daly City. It was the only one around for like 30-40 miles. People sat in line for an hour in the drive through.

It's been open for a while, but it still gets packed on weekends. Those crazy Christians are making hella bank.

Sonic Reducer said...

That's a Chritian Chain???

Nölff said...

I've only seen those places in Michigan. We don't have them where I live. We have crystal burger, which is almost the same thing.

Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

In-N-Out is totally run by some family who practies a Protestant Christian type religion. If you look at the bottom of some of the drink cups or burger wrappers they have lines from the Bible written them like, "Ecclessiasties 1:13" or "John 3:16".

All I know is that they make some damn good food. Plus I think they treat their employees fair/pay a decent wage, at least that's the rumor. Here is the website.

Sonic Reducer said...

Yeah, I don't care what they believe as long as I don't have to get baptised or something to have a burger. LOL!