Monday, March 07, 2005

U2 --why why why??

Why is everyone so excited about U2? I think they peaked back in 1991 with Achtung Baby.

There's no way I'm paying $165 for a ticket to see these guys. I saw them a buch of times back inthe mid to late 80's and they were great. But I'd hate to ruin those memories with the crappy performance of their past 4 albums worth of crap.

Seriously, some bands don't know when to quit.

I'd rather pay $15 and go see My Chemical Romance, Armor for Sleep, and some other Jersey bands at the Starland Ballroom. I'm really liking some of the newer bands out there lately.

Don't forget to check out Yeah That Rocks.

2 comments:

Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

I understand how you feel. I really want to go see Motley Crue in a couple weeks, but I can't condone the $52 ticket price.

I saw Vince Neil perform up in Tahoe last summer and he was horrible. He only sang every third word.

Sonic Reducer said...

I've given up on most older bands. I've started going to a lot of shows of newer bands at clubs and such. Cheaper and a lot better shows.