Wednesday, May 24, 2006

4 Concerts in 15 Days


I'm seeing 4 shows in 15 days. It all started on Saturday May 20th at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. I took my 13 year old son and his friend to see Avenged Sevenfold (These guys^^) and Coheed and Cambria.

It was loud. I wore ear plugs. I know, I'm old. Both bands and the opener 18 Visions rocked pretty hard. A lot of loud guitars, decent songs, but not my particular cup of tea.

The audience was 80% highschool kids, 19% college kids, and 1% dads. I was trying to aviod being sucked into the crowd of sweaty high school boys by standing at the back of the floor near the stairs where you would go to get backstage.

This one kid comes over to the stairs and talks to the security guard. He obviously was looking for the bathroom and was obviously wasted. The guard pointed to the other stairs where the bathrooms were. The kid put his hand over his mouth and then spewed all over the stairs. Every person who came out of backstage from that point on had to step in puke. Glad I wasn't backstage for this one.

Next up is Bullet For My Valentine at Starland Ballroom on Sunday the 28th. Another show for my son and a friend. Starland is a small club here in Jersey that gets national acts. I think it's about 1,500 capacity, very small. Gonna need the ear plugs for this one too.

Then June 1st and 3rd it's Pearl Jam at the Meadowlands. That's more my speed. They rock and are one of those bands who are a million times better live than they are on record. Plus they do long shows and they always chnge their set list from night to night. Usually they do at least two encores of about 5-6 songs each. I can't wait because their new album rocks.

Social Distortion has announced soem tour dates for this summer, hopefully they'll make an east coast swing so I can catch them.

No comments: