Thursday, July 07, 2005

Bombing in London, Breath holding in NYC

Was it just me, or was everyone holding their breath this morning form 8:30-9:00 Eastern waiting for something to happen in NYC after the London bombings?

I think I'm still pretty freaked out from 9/11. I was supposed to be in Manhattan that morning for a meeting and stopped in my office to pick up some papers and ended up on the phone and was delayed about a half an hour, thank god.

Plus my brother and his wife were living in the West Village at the time, which is also downtown for those who don't know NYC. That was scary at the time, because there were worries abot gas leaks and the possibility of more of lower Manhattan blowing up.

3 comments:

lilmammal said...

Yikes. It is hard to feel at ease anywhere these days.

ChaseNFold said...

I have not left my basement. Is it safe to come out ?

Nölff said...

I'm sure the U.S. got their back. I hate terrorists. I want to kill one myself.