Thursday, July 13, 2006

Do you have to be wierd to be creative?


I guess you do. That's why I'll never be a rockstar. I'm not wierd enough. I'm just barely this side of normal.

I love Weezer. It's a shame that Rivers seems to drift through. I bet a lot of great songs will never be heard.

Oh well. There are tons of bands on Warped tour (Which I'm going to Aug 6) who would kill to be able to have the success that Rivers has. Newer bands, for the most part, try harder.

Here's the story from FMQB:

Now that's he's a married, Harvard graduate, what does the immediate future hold for Weezer main man Rivers Cuomo? Not the band that he has fronted for over a decade. Speaking to MTV.com, Cuomo says, "All this year, I've been feeling pretty creative and excited, so I've been writing a lot. I don't know what'll happen with these songs — if anything — I just sort of write them and I can't stop. I certainly don't see them becoming Weezer songs, and I don't really see the point of a solo career. So we'll just have to see."

Cuomo says that he is still in touch with his bandmates, all of whom were in his wedding party last month, but they aren't talking about making new music together currently. He told MTV.com, "the band is all back in Los Angeles, and I sometimes I speak with [drummer] Patrick [Wilson], and I occasionally e-mail with [guitarist] Brian [Bell] and [bassist] Scott [Shriner], but we've never mentioned getting together. Really, for the moment, we are done. And I'm not certain we'll ever make a record again, unless it becomes really obvious to me that we need to do one."

If the band is truly through (and they have taken long breaks before, notably their post-Pinkerton hiatus in the late '90s), is the requisite greatest-hits CD on the way? "It's being discussed with the record company right now, but we have to sign off before they can do anything. And to be honest, we don't all see eye-to-eye on it," he said. "I'm not convinced that we have a greatest-hits album that is worth putting out at this point," he added. "I'd like to include two more amazing songs on there. And anything else would just seem lazy to me. We'll see, though. I don't really feel comfortable with it now."

No comments: