Wednesday, February 08, 2006

From Jersey to Florida


I may be moving from Northern NJ to South Florida.

I had sent a resume in for a job about 2 months ago. A month after that I spoke to someone at that company for about a half hour. I thought it went pretty well. But I didn't hear from them again for a few weeks. I figured maybe I wasn't what they were looking for or the salary didn't fit with what I am making now...

Then out of the blue the head guy at the Florida company calls me and sets up a time for us to do a phone interview. I talked to him on Monday from home (I was taking a vacation day anyway).

Well I ended up being on the phone for about an hour. It went well I think. He left it by saying he would be in touch with me at the end of the week about next steps. That sounded pretty positive.

The only problem is if I do take the job, I would be uprooting my family and moving to south Florida. The big problem is that the kids are 13 and 16. My wife is ok with moving. That really suprised me, cause she hates change. But luckily hates winter worse.

There are career future issues with this position as well. I don't want to go into too much detail, but this is a move that would send me in a direction I've wanted to go in for a while.

We'll see what happens.

No comments: